Our church was founded in 1861 and met in a large building by Richmond Green for over a hundred years. The church was then called Salem (meaning peace) Baptist Church, but later changed its name to Kew Baptist Church after relocating to Kew. The church has always been involved in the Kew community and enjoyed a thriving congregation in the 1980s. Until very recently, however, the church did not have a minister for a number of years. Kew Baptist Church is now seeking to flourish once more as we look to sow, grow in, and plant the Gospel.